This recipe was taste-tested by non-vegans on three separate occasions last week, and everybody agrees that it’s delicious. And so easy! Consider it a holiday gift from me to you, dear reader.
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Gently melt the following ingredients together, breaking the chocolate into small pieces:
- 1 bar of high-quality non-dairy baking chocolate (I vote for Green & Black’s 70%)
- 1/3 bar of your favorite chocolate (Green & Black’s Maya Gold adds a lovely touch of orange & spice)
- 1 small can (5.5 oz) coconut milk
In a blender, mix the following until smooth:
- 1 box (12.3 oz) silken firm or extra firm tofu
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (Honey would probably work okay too, or sweet booze, like kahlua or amaretto. I’ll be honest and confess that I don’t actually measure here. I just drizzle in whatever seems like the right amount and add more if needed. You don’t want it too sweet. That’s part of what makes it so good.)
Pour melted chocolate mixture into the blender mixture. Blend thoroughly, stopping to scrape down the sides with a spatula as needed.
Refrigerate at least two hours. Serve plain or top with pomegranate seeds and shredded coconut.
Alternatively, you can substitute a bag of chocolate chips for the recommended baking and eating chocolate.
AHA! Coconut milk! No wonder it’s so freaking delicious! AAAahhhh, it is so velvety good. In fact, I just had the last of it an hour ago. Want that tupperware glass back?